WHY STUDY THIS COURSE?
Criminology is the scientific study of criminal behaviour; you will study crimes, criminals, victims of crime, the justice system, punishments and much more! This course will enable you to use theories of criminality to analyse criminal situations and make recommendations for policy. You will also develop the knowledge and skills to research policy in practice, assess campaigns for changes in awareness of crime and examine information to review verdicts in criminal cases.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
There are 4 units in total
- 2 internally assessed units (Controlled assessment)
- 2 externally assessed units (Exam)
- Unit 1 – Changing Awareness of Crime (Internal)
- Unit 2 – Criminological Theories (External)
- Crime Scene to Courtroom (Internal)
- Crime and Punishment (External)
WHERE CAN IT LEAD?
This course is ideal if you plan to move onto university to study courses such as:
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Criminology and Psychology
- Law with Criminology
- Criminology and Sociology
- Psychology and Sociology
The careers relevant to criminology include:
- Employment with the criminal justice system
- National Probation Service
- Courts and Tribunal Service
- National Offender Management Service
Applied Diploma Level 3
Ms A France
A grade 4 in English Language is required.
BTEC & Diplomas
Double BTECs & Diplomas