- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
- Understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance.
- Understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence people’s involvement in physical activity and sport.
- Understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport.
- Refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance.
- Understand the contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness.
- Improve as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds.