Why study this course?
The diploma suite is equivalent to two A levels and can be studied alongside other A levels. Designed in collaboration with experts spanning the breadth of the sector, the Cambridge Technicals in Sport and Physical Activity focuses on the skills, knowledge and understanding that today’s universities and employers demand.
What will I study?
- Body systems – Exam
- Sports injuries and rehabilitation
- Sports organisation and development – Exam
- Sports coaching and activity leadership
- Practical skills in sport and physical activity
- Health and fitness testing for sport and physical activity
- Working Safely in sport and exercise – Exam
- Organisation of Sports Events
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Performance analysis in sport and exercise
- Physical activity for specific groups
How will I be assessed?
For the diploma suite, you will be assessed by exams and coursework. There are 11 units of work, 3 exam units and 8 coursework units.
Where can it lead?
These qualifications aim to develop students’ knowledge, understanding and skills of the essentials of Sport and Physical Activity. The course accumulates points towards university application in courses such as; Sports Coaching, Sport and Exercise Science, Sport and Physical Activity, Sports development, Physical Education.